As Co-convenor of the Parliamentary Friends of Palliative Care, I remain keenly interested in the sector of the medical profession to which it pertains. Attending the Annual Palliative Care WA Breakfast, I was encouraged to hear of the advances in this area and also some of the challenges being faced. These challenges include the need to raise awareness and understanding about palliative care throughout the community and the health profession. Part of the national awareness raising campaign is National Palliative Care Week which was held from 21 to 28 May. To support this initiative, on 25 May I moved the first Non-Government motion in the 40th Parliament to recognise the week and to raise awareness of palliative care. The motion received crossparty support and was a positive way to commence the new parliament.
- Politics in the Pub with Tony Abbott
- Out and About in South Metro – Tour of Optus Stadium
- Out and About in South Metro – Opening of John McGrath Hall and Pavilion
- Global Organisation of Parliamentarians Against Corruption
- Prevention of Family and Domestic Violence
- Visit to Parkerville Children & Youth Care (PCYC)