On my way down south to visit relatives over Easter, I took the opportunity to visit the South West Refuge. This organisation not only offers women and children experiencing domestic violence a safe place to stay but also delivers quality services to support and empower women and children to make life decisions. The Refuge provides the community with a number of vital services – 24/7 crisis accommodation, transitional accommodation for Refuge clients, and the Safe At Home program which enables women and children to stay in their housing when it is safe to do so. It was a privilege to see firsthand the incredible work done by the South West Refuge and I commend them on the important part they play in protecting and supporting women and children.
- Politics in the Pub with Tony Abbott
- Out and About in South Metro – Tour of Optus Stadium
- Out and About in South Metro – Opening of John McGrath Hall and Pavilion
- Global Organisation of Parliamentarians Against Corruption
- Prevention of Family and Domestic Violence
- Visit to Parkerville Children & Youth Care (PCYC)